TMJ Treatment in Baton Rouge, LA
Get the Relief You Need from Our Experienced Providers
There are many causes of TMJ, including, but not limited to:
- Trauma to the jaw or TMJ
- Grinding of the teeth
- Jaw clenching
- Misaligned bite
- Poor posture
- Disease or illness
Symptoms of TMJ may include:
- Prevalent pain or soreness in the jaw, especially at certain times of the day
- A popping or clicking sound when the mouth is opened or closed
- Trouble opening and closing the mouth or chewing
- Misaligned bite
- An earache not caused by infection
- A toothache not caused by infection or other dental health issues
- Jaw pain when chewing, biting, yawning, or speaking
- A ‘locked’ or stiff jaw when chewing, biting, yawning, or speaking
- Recurring tension headaches or migraines, especially if present upon waking
- Recent changes to your bite
Night guards help protect your teeth and provide a barrier between the upper and lower teeth during nighttime grinding. Down the road, night guards may also help you avoid paying unnecessary costs in dental restorations. We customize your night guard to fit the dimensions of your mouth and protect your teeth. Because your night guard is fitted for you individually, it will stay in your mouth comfortably when you are sleeping and make it easier for you to breathe.
If you tend to suffer from headaches or facial pain due to teeth grinding, your night guard can help with this, too! This type of pain is often caused by the overuse of and strain on your facial muscles that occurs from teeth clenching or grinding. When you wear your night guard to sleep, the occlusal appliance can lessen muscle activity in your jaw. That means less muscle strain to cause pain.
Schedule an Appointment to Learn More About TMJ Treatment in Baton Rouge, LA Today
If you are interested in cosmetic dentistry, you can take advantage of our Complimentary Cosmetic Dentistry Consultation which includes a discussion of your goals, an in-depth exam, digital x-rays, and a personalized treatment plan.
For those looking for orthodontic treatment, we offer a Complimentary Orthodontic Consultation including a discussion of your goals, an in-depth exam, digital x-rays, and a personalized treatment plan.
We also offer a Complimentary BOTOX® Consultation which includes a discussion of your goals and a personalized treatment plan.
As one of the premier dental practices in Baton Rouge, LA, our dentists and team at Corkern Family Dental also provide 5-star dental care to patients from Baker, Zachary, Denham Springs, Walker & Livingston, LA & the surrounding areas.